Aims and Scope
Planta Medica is one of the leading international journals in the field of natural products – including marine organisms, fungi as well as micro-organisms – and medicinal plants. Planta Medica accepts original research papers and reviews from researchers worldwide. The journal publishes 15 issues per year.
The following areas of medicinal plants and natural product research are covered:
- Biological and Pharmacological Activities
- Natural Product Chemistry & Analytical Studies
- Pharmacokinetic Investigations
- Formulation and Delivery Systems of Natural Products
The journal explicitly encourages the submission of chemically characterized extracts.
Contributions reporting the following are not normally considered for publication and will be immediately rejected if:
- The manuscript does not fall into any of the above Areas
- Activity data are reported without comparison to a recognized positive control
- Plant extracts have not been characterized by analysis of their major constituents (e.g. HPLC, GC, NMR)
- Predictable bioactivity is reported (e.g. antioxidant properties of phenolic compounds)