EUR [D] 36,99Zum Warenkorb hinzufügenInkl. gesetzl. MwSt.
Journal of Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research
Aims and scope
Planta Medica is one of the leading international journals in the field of natural products – including marine organisms, fungi as well as micro-organisms – and medicinal plants. Planta Medica accepts original research papers, reviews, minireviews and perspectives from researchers worldwide. The journal publishes 18 issues per year. The following areas of medicinal plants and natural product research are covered:
- Biological and Pharmacological Activities
- Natural Product Chemistry & Analytical Studies
- Pharmacokinetic Investigations
- Formulation and Delivery Systems of Natural Products
The journal explicitly encourages the submission of chemically characterized extracts.
Contributions reporting the following are not normally considered for publication and will be immediately rejected if:
- The manuscript does not fall into any of the above Areas
- Activity data are reported without comparison to a recognized positive control
- Plant extracts have not been characterized by analysis of their major constituents (e.g. HPLC, GC, NMR)
- Predictable bioactivity is reported (e.g. antioxidant properties of phenolic compounds)
The book of abstracts of the 9th Joint Congress in Copenhagen has just been published! All abstracts are freely available at: https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/issue/10.1055/s-006-33063
There will be no print issue.
Thieme Award 2016 for the Most Innovative Planta Medica Original Paper now decided!
Starting in 2013, Thieme awards every year the most promising paper published in Planta Medica in the previous year. The decision of the jury – the Editors of the journal – is strictly based on scientific quality and on the interest that the paper has met with in the scientific community. The prize money is EUR 1.500. This year, a paper by Sturm et al., "Similarity between Flavonoid Biosynthetic Enzymes and Flavonoid Protein Targets Captured by Three-Dimensional Computing Approach", has won the race. In a moving award ceremony, Professor Ron Quinn of Brisbane University received the prize during the 2016 GA Congress in Copenhagen, Denmark. Congratulations! Click here to read the paper for free.
Read all about the Award and the winners here.
Contact us directly at email@example.com
Production Editor Contact us directly
Customer Service Tel:+49-711-8931-321 Fax:+49-711-8931-422 firstname.lastname@example.org