Welcome to Sustainability & Circularity NOW
Sustainability & Circularity NOW is an international single-anonymized peer-reviewed journal that aims to tackle very serious sustainability challenges and shape an ambitious and genuinely interdisciplinary agenda to resolve the global environmental crises that we face. Sustainability & Circularity NOW focuses on solutions to improve existing molecules, materials, and industrial processes as well as revolutionary discoveries of new more sustainable molecules, materials and synthetic procedures. The journal will publish studies on recovery of building blocks from waste, improvement of existing recycling technologies to make recycling easier and more efficient, clean energy, and much more. Life cycle assessment studies and case studies to foster public and policy debate will also be reported in this journal. Sustainability & Circularity NOW is the perfect platform for bright minds to share their most revolutionary research in the field of Chemical Science and beyond.
This journal covers mainly but not exclusively the following research areas:
- Safe and Sustainable Design
- Product Design for Circularity
- Circular Design
- Circular Economy
- Sustainable Chemistry and Materials
- Green Manufacturing and Engineering (with specifications on green metrics, e.g. E-factor, Eco-scale ...)
- Biomass or Wastes as Raw Materials
- Biobased and Circular Plastics
- Zero Emissions Energy Carriers
- Metal Recovery and Recycling
- Alternative / Renewable Clean Energy
- Life-Cycle Assessment
- Environmentally Friendly Reagents and Feedstocks
- Sustainable Synthesis and Catalysis
- Sustainable Industrial Processes
Follow us on Twitter/X at @SusCircNOW!
Sign up for our newsletter on circular chemistry!
Sustainability & Circularity NOW aims to contribute toward the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Sustainability & Circularity NOW generally uses Select Crowd Review for reviewing manuscripts. For crowd reviewing, we are constantly looking for new highly motivated crowd members. Please contact SusCircNOW@thieme.de if you would like to become a member of the crowd. Never heard about this revolutionary and super fast reviewing method? Learn more about Select Crowd Review!
The following article types are published in Sustainability & Circularity NOW:
- Original Article: Full papers that cover original research which provide dependable research results with detailed experimental procedures and full characterization of all important new materials and/or compounds.
- Rapid Communication: Short articles (max. three pages) that report new research results with high significance and impact to the scientific community.
- Review and Short Review: Comprehensive overviews of a specific topic for the reader. Short Reviews have a 10 pages limit.
- Practical Review: A clear overview not only on the state of the art but also on the key synthetic and practical details of a cutting-edge topic. These articles are an easy and accessible resource to use when one is starting in a new area of research.
- Industrial Case Study & Policy Report (They can be also video formats)
- Industrial Case Study: A clear overview on the development of a specific company or industrial sector development highlighting the transition from linear production processes into circular ones. These articles are written by industrial and applied scientists to inform the readers about the latest challenges in their fields with a call for chemists to help resolve those challenges.
- Policy Report: Reviews of a specific problem, offering practical and feasible solutions to the same with the goal of aiding policy decisions. These articles are written by people working in industry, academia, NGOs, or governmental agencies.
All contributions in this journal will cover outstanding innovations with high impact either at a cross-disciplinary level or in its applied discipline.
Submissions will open in Q4 2023.
Special attention should be paid to the Thieme Journal Policies.
As an open access publication, all articles in Sustainability & Circularity NOW are made freely available immediately upon publication for all to read and download from Thieme E-Journals.
This journal is published under the Creative Commons license CC BY.