Welcome to SynOpen
SynOpen is an international, single-anonymized peer-reviewed, open access journal reporting current research results in chemical sciences in full paper, letter and review format.
SynOpen caters to a wide-range of chemists throughout industry and academia. We publish articles from across the chemistry portfolio, as long as synthesis or synthetic methods are one of the research focal points. People citing the work published in SynOpen come from all over the world and from a range of scientific disciplines.
Main areas covered in SynOpen:
- Synthetic methodologies
- Asymmetric synthesis and catalysis
- Catalytic methods for synthesis
- Inorganic and organometallic synthesis
- Natural products synthesis and total synthesis
- Medicinal chemistry and drug design
- Biosynthesis and biocatalysis
- Synthetic photochemistry
- Synthetic electrochemistry
- Solid-state synthesis
- Polymer synthesis
- Supramolecular synthesis and self-assembly
- Automation in synthesis
- Computational methods in synthesis and machine learning
- Processing techniques and scalability
- Recycling processes and sustainable synthesis
Impact Factor 2022: 2.5
Follow us on X at @synopen_journal!
Information on our peer review model
SynOpen generally uses Select Crowd Review for reviewing manuscripts. For crowd reviewing, we are constantly looking for new highly motivated crowd members.
Please contact email@example.com if you want to learn more about Select Crowd Review or send your CV if you are interested in joining.
Special attention should be paid to the Thieme Journal Policies.
SynOpen is indexed in: Directory of Open Access Journals, Emerging Sources Citation Index, Scopus, EBSCO, ProQuest
All SynOpen articles are also available in the Researcher App.
This journal is published under the Creative Commons license CC BY.
As an open access publication, all articles in SynOpen are made freely available immediately upon publication for all to read and download from Thieme E-Journals.