SYNTHESIS Author Tools & Templates
The manuscript templates for SYNTHESIS are provided to ease both manuscript preparation for authors and the peer-reviewing process for referees. Although it is not compulsory, you are strongly encouraged to use the manuscript templates. By doing so, you will be able to insert and arrange figures, schemes, and tables within the text. Slight deviations compared to the final layout may occur during the in-house production process, but the print preview of the manuscript template provides a very close representation of the final published document. Depending on the software package you are using, please choose and download the appropriate files from the following list:
Windows – Word 2007 and Later
- Installing and Using the Templates (421 kB)
- Template for Paper / Special Topic / PSP (1042 kB)
- Template for Feature (1043 kB)
- Template for Review / Short Review (1049 kB)
Mac – Word 2016 and Later/Office 365
- Installing and Using the Templates (406 kB)
- Template for Paper / Special Topic / PSP (660 kB)
- Template for Feature (660 kB)
- Template for Review / Short Review (659 kB)
Mac – Word 2011 and 2008
Windows/Mac – Word 2004, 2003 and Earlier
Note that only a previous version of the template is available for earlier versions of Word, and although still acceptable for manuscript preparation, does not reflect the current journal layout.
- Download Instructions (Windows) (68 kB)
- Using the Template (Windows) (71 kB)
- Template PC Version 2003 and earlier (zip, 71 kB)
- Download Instructions (Mac) (70 kB)
- Using the Template (Mac) (68 kB)
- Template Mac Version 2004 and earlier (zip, 71 kB)
The Key Word List is available through ScholarOne Manuscripts upon submission.
In the event of problems downloading or using the templates, please consult the FAQ section or contact Dr. Selena Boothroyd by e-mail at email@example.com. Be sure to mention your operating system, version of Word, and the article type you are preparing.