Science of Synthesis Knowledge Updates 2023
Ten contributions have been published so far in 2023:
- A series of chapters on various aspects of alkene synthesis, with a strong focus on catalysis, starting with recent developments on the Synthesis of Alkenes by Palladium-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling Reactions with Carbene Precursors (K. Wang and J. Wang).
- An update chapter on methods for the Synthesis of Alkenes by Cross-Coupling and Heck Reactions (C.-Y. Ho and D. Raja), with the most significant progress reported since 2008 covered.
- A review on Asymmetric π-Allyl Substitution Reactions (R. Jiang, P. Yang, and S.-L. You) as a strategy for preparing allylic compounds with stereochemically defined carbon–carbon and carbon–heteroatom bonds.
- A summary of recently reported Allylic C–H Functionalization methods (P.-S. Wang, M. Sayed, L.-Z. Gong), covering various C–H activation modes, such as C–H insertion, hydrogen-atom transfer, and concerted metalation/deprotonation (CMD).
- Key developments in the Synthesis of Alkenes by α,β-Dehydrogenation (X. Jie and W. Su), particularly transition-metal-catalyzed approaches for the synthesis of α,β-unsaturated carbonyl compounds.
- An update on the Synthesis of Alkenes via Hydrogenation of Alkynes and Allenes (X. Liu, B. Liu, and Q. Liu), with a focus on heterogeneous and homogeneous catalytic systems reported since 2010.
- Routes to alkenes bearing a functional group directly connected to the alkenyl moiety are discussed in the Synthesis of Alkenes via Metal-Catalyzed Hydrofunctionalizations of alkynes and allenes (Z. Cheng, Y. Zheng, Z. Lu).
- A review on the Synthesis of Functionalized Alkenes by Metal-Catalyzed Coupling of Carbonyls with Alkynes/Allenes (Z. Lin, R. Tao, Y. Zhao).
- The functionalization of alkynes and allenes involving radical processes is discussed in a chapter on the Synthesis of Alkenes via Radical Addition Reactions (P. Chen and G. Liu).
Table of Contents:
Prof. Phil Baran about SoS
Editorial Office Fax:+49-711-8931-777 E-Mail