Science of Synthesis Knowledge Updates 2019Twenty two updated, revised, and new contributions have been published in 2019 as part of the Science of Synthesis Knowledge Updates.
- A new chapter on the combination of gold catalysis with enzyme catalysis, organocatalysis, or transition-metal catalysis (I. Celik, S. Hummel, and S. F. Kirsch). Such dual-catalytic approaches involving gold have received much attention in recent years as they can lead to unprecedented reactivity; this review presents recent highlights in the area.
- A completely revised chapter on lithium amides (C. T. Nieto, J. Eames, and N. M. Garrido). The synthesis and applications of both achiral and chiral lithium amides are reviewed, with a particular focus on the use of chiral lithium amides in asymmetric processes.
- Reflecting the continuing importance of many aromatic and (partially) saturated heterocyclic systems in pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry, there have been updates on the synthesis of benzimidazoles (F. M. Irudayanathan and S. Lee), isoquinolines, isoquinoline N-oxides, and isoquinolinium salts (B. S. Pilgrim and M. J. Tucker), 4H-1-benzopyran-4-ones and 4H-1-benzopyran-4-thiones (X. Dong and H. Liu), benzothiopyranones and benzothiopyranthiones (C.-F. Lee), selenopyranones and benzoselenopyranones (C. Chen and L. Yu), 2,3-dihydrothiophenes and 3,4-dihydro-2H-thiopyrans (D. Witt), and five-membered and larger-ring oxacycloalk-3-enes (Z. Zhang and R. Tong).
- Updates have also been published on the synthesis of imidic acids, isoureas, guanidines, and their derivatives (J. Podlech), O,N acetals (S. Minakata, K. Kiyokawa, and Y. Takeda), and the deprotection of S,S-acetals (K. Sugamata and T. Sasamori).
- Halogenated compounds have many synthetic applications, not least in cross-coupling chemistry, and an update on the synthesis of chloro-, bromo-, and iodoalkenes (P. Huy and C. Czekelius) as well as a revised chapter on the synthesis of fluoroalkanes by addition reactions to alkenes (G. Haufe) present new and improved ways of making some of these important compounds.
- There has been renewed interest in peroxide chemistry in recent years, and reviews on metal-catalyzed synthesis of peroxides (B. Gnanaprakasam and M. B. Chaudhari), acyclic geminal bisperoxides (V. A. Vil’, O. V. Bityukov, and A. O. Terent’ev), and the medicinal chemistry of 1,2-dioxetanes (V. M. Dembitsky and V. A. Vil’) will bring you up to date on some of the advances in this area.
A complete overview of all update content published in 2019 is given in the tables of contents and abstracts.
Table of contents:
In a nutshell: How SOS speeds up and improves your research
Editorial Office Fax:+49-711-8931-777 E-Mail