The Benefits of Publishing in Thieme Chemistry Journals
We provide a fast, fair and high-quality service for our authors throughout the publishing process. With our focus on chemical synthesis and related areas we guarantee you very high visibility within the scientific community. We offer:
- Concise instructions and templates are provided to support authors and speed up the submission process:
- Primary data can be included to enrich your publication.
- Color-printed pages are available without any additional charges.
Our editorial team of PhD chemists and production editors provide excellent service with a personal touch. Our copyeditors ensure a consistent language, style, and format as well as content consistency, preparing your manuscript for the next stage of publication.
A fair and fast Review Process
- The reviewing process is handled by our highly respected editorial board members.
- In SYNLETT and SynOpen, you have the option to choose between classic peer review and select crowd review, which is a fast, interactive, and safe review process.
Open Access Publication
- If you prefer to publish open access in hybrid journals (SYNTHESIS and SYNLETT) you can choose between Green and Gold Open Access.
- Our article processing charges (APCs) for the open access journals include a choice of CC BY-NC-ND or CC BY (small extra fee).
- Article publication charges: http://www.thieme.com/apcs/Price_List_OA.pdf
- Furthermore, we offer waivers and discounts for various institutions and consortia – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Prizes & Awards
We want to ensure that you will be able to continue to produce excellent research in the future. Therefore, we actively support researchers through our award program.
- Every Original Paper and Letter is automatically eligible for the annual SYNTHESIS/SYNLETT Best Paper Awards (€ 3,000).
- Thieme–IUPAC Prize (€ 5,000)
- Dr. Margaret Faul Women in Chemistry Award sponsored by SoS (€ 5,000)
- Thieme Chemistry Journals Awards (one-year subscription to our journals)
- Poster Prizes (SYNFACTS subscription or Science of Synthesis Workbench Editions)
- Depending on the quality of your research and graphical abstract, your article might be selected as front cover of an issue by our editors.
- We regularly post content from our journals, e.g. editor’s choice articles, on our social media channels to increase the potential reach of your research.
- We promote your contributions to our Special Topics and Clusters as well as the most-cited articles in our weekly newsletter and on social media.
- Your Original Papers and Letters have a chance of being highlighted by our editors in SYNFACTS.
- Your articles have a chance of being chosen as highlight in our news service SYNFORM, which includes interviews, literature coverage with further background information, and more. All SYNFORM articles are available free of charge to our readers.