Dr. Margaret Faul Women in Chemistry Award 2023
Which female chemists in organic chemistry inspire you the most at the moment? It is time to step up and nominate them for the Dr. Margaret Faul #WomeninChemistry Award 2023!
This award presented by Thieme and Science of Synthesis honors female chemists within the first 15 years of their independent career for their outstanding achievements in organic chemistry.
- The prize is awarded to a young woman of any nationality within the first 15 years of her independent career in chemical research.
- The prize will be awarded in recognition of the candidate’s outstanding achievements in organic chemistry, broadly defined to include medicinal, biological, organometallic, or materials chemistry, and related areas.
- The prize includes an award of € 5,000.
There are many talented women in chemistry doing fantastic research spread all over the world. We want to know who you think deserves to be the next #WomeninChemistry Award winner.
Proposals must be accompanied by:
- a resume or CV of the nominee
- a list of the candidate’s most significant publications (up to 10)
- a statement describing the candidate’s work and its importance (up to 3 pages)
- a short citation summarizing the candidate’s achievements (1-2 sentences)
The material will be confidentially forwarded to an independent selection committee. Self-nomination is not permitted.
Deadline: Dec. 9, 2022
Nomination materials should be submitted by e-mail to Dr. Marcus White (E-Mail).
Selection Committee Chairs
Dr. Margaret Faul
Amgen Inc. | CA, USA
Prof. Dr. Alois Fürstner
Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung | Mülheim, Germany
The 3rd Dr. Margaret Faul Women in Chemistry Award Ceremony and Lecture will be held at the European Symposium in Organic Chemistry in Ghent (Belgium) from July 9-13, 2023.
Read more about the Winner 2021
More information about Dr. Margaret Faul
Read the SYNFORM Interview with Dr. Margaret Faul