Kocienski, Protecting Groups, 3rd Editionzoom
The unique didactic style of this work brings this complicated but essential area of organic chemistry alive, making it both understandable for advanced students, as well as an essential resource for chemists involved in organic synthesis in academia and industry.
Protecting Groups is organized by functional group and places special emphasis on deprotection conditions applied to complex structures where selectivity is a key issue. The discussion of each protecting group is divided into three sections beginning with deprotection conditions, followed by methods of formation, and ending with some characteristic NMR data to aid the reader in identifying the contribution from the protecting group. At the end of each chapter is a list of reviews for the topics covered in that chapter.
Your benefits at a glance
- Focuses on a relatively small number of commonly used protecting groups
- Places emphasis on deprotection conditions
- Uses schemes extensively
- Has two additional new chapters on thiol and phosphate protecting groups
- Has increased from 500 to 1200 schemes and from 1200 to 2270 references
- Table of contents (PDF, 89 KB)
- Preface (PDF, 69 KB)
- Index (PDF, 160 KB)
Thieme Chemistry Marketing Phone:+49-711-89310 E-Mail
- PDF Chemistry Catalog 2022 (PDF, 4 MB)