Barry Trost Symposium at the ACS Fall 2022
At this year's ACS Fall Meeting, Thieme Chemistry and Science of Synthesis host a symposium on ‘The Power of Transition Metals: An Unending Well-Spring of New Reactivity’ in honor of Prof. Barry Trost (Stanford University, CA, USA) who is a founding member of Science of Synthesis and an active member of the Science of Synthesis Editorial Board.
Title: The Power of Transition Metals: An Unending Well-Spring of New Reactivity
Date: Sunday, August 21, 2022
Time: 2-6 PM (CDT)
Place: W176c (McCormick Place Convention Center)
Here’s an overview of the agenda, speakers and topics of the symposium (all times in CDT):
Simplifying (het)arene cross–coupling reactions with nickel and visible light
presented by Burkhard Koenig (University of Regensburg)
presented by Tobias Ritter (MPI für Kohlenforschung)
Concepts and catalysts for selective reactions
presented by Dean Toste (University of California, Berkeley)
Transition metal-catalyzed amination reactions
presented by Kami Hull (University of Texas at Austin)
Technology development to enable the advancement of novel therapeutics
presented by Margaret Faul (Amgen Inc.)
Challenge for total synthesis: Atom economy
presented by Barry Trost (Stanford University)
Read the detailed abstracts of each talk here.
The organizers and chairs of this symposium are:
- Prof. Gary Molander (University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA)
- Dr. Fiona Shortt de Hernandez (Thieme Group, Germany)
- Dr. Steven Silverman (Merck & Co Inc, NJ, USA)
Join us for this extraordinary line-up of speakers on Sunday, August 21, 2022!
In March 2021, we published the SYNLETT Special Issue ‘The Power of Transition Metals: An Unending Well-Spring of New Reactivity’ dedicated to Prof. Trost and 20 Years of the Thieme reference work Science of Synthesis. Learn more!
In November 2020, we hosted a virtual SOS symposium honoring and featuring Prof. Trost, including talks by three of his alumni (Prof. Janine Cossy, Prof. Nuno Maulide, Prof. Mark Lautens). Learn more about the virtual symposium here or watch the recording.
About Science of Synthesis
Science of Synthesis is a unique reference work covering synthetic methodology in the field of organic and organometallic chemistry. By using it for your research, you’ll get:
- A logically organized overview of organic transformations at a glance
- Comprehensive reviews of organic and organometallic synthetic methods
- A focus on the best synthetic methods, selected by experts, saving you time when planning your synthesis and giving you a better chance of success when you come to carry it out.
- Practical experimental procedures that are immediately applicable in the lab