Send one of our HTML e-mails to patrons who have agreed to receive announcements from your library. Note that you must have mail software that accepts and is able to send HTML content.
- Right-click on one of the Zip File links above oben, then select save to download and save the file (If possible save to your Desktop).
- Open the Zip File and save the HTML File content on your desktop.
- Open the HTML template with a simple text editor (such as Windows Notepad) or a more advanced Web authoring program (such as Dreamweaver or GoLive).
- Modify the HTML code to include your library's information in the space provided.
- Save the document to a preferred location on your desktop with the file name convention your_library.htm or your_library.html.
- You're done editing content! If such an option exists, import the finalized HTML into your mail software (Skip to the final step).
- If you cannot import, or are using Microsoft Outlook or another basic mail client, open a blank e-mail and configure it for HTML content, if necessary. (In Outlook, use Actions > New Mail Message Using > HTML.)
- Open a blank browser window, and either drag and drop the finalized HTML document into it, or use File > Open to locate it on your desktop. If the mail is displaying correctly, copy the entire contents of the browser window using Edit > Select All and Edit > Copy. Paste the contents into your blank e-mail message.
- Send e-mail to your patron mailing list using your e-mail marketing system or software. (You may wish to perform a test mailing to your own address first.)