A practical, all-inclusive roadmap to understanding and executing advanced surgical research
"The research methods presented…are the best we currently have available, and the surgeon who employs them will discover that his or her results are more likely to be accepted as valid, be adopted in the care of patients, and endure the test of time…"
James D. Heckman, MD, Consulting Editor, The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, USA (from the Foreword).
Advanced Concepts in Surgical Research is a practical, reader-friendly guide to planning, conducting, and evaluating solid, evidence-based surgical research that leads to high-quality results. Geared to the investigator who has already mastered basic principles, this book focuses on more advanced topics such as randomized controlled trials, survey design, observational studies, meta analyses, statistical concepts, reporting of data, and much more.
- Includes tips and insights from experienced surgical researchers on how to conduct an effective clinical study and avoid pitfalls
- Supplies hard-to-find information on current topics such as randomization systems and technology and publication bias
- Provides standardized, easy-to-reference text boxes with highlighted key concepts, on-the-spot definitions of terminology in "Jargon Simplified" sections, and real-world case examples from the literature
- Numerous illustrations and tables help the reader to visualize key concepts
Filled with proven research methodologies, clinical data, examples, and strategies that can be applied across a wide range of disciplines, Advanced Concepts in Surgical Research illuminates the challenges and solutions of modern-day surgical research. It is essential for any clinician undertaking a well-defined, systematic, clinically relevant, and ultimately successful surgical research study.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886