A practice-oriented reference for the clinical management of osteomyelitis.
This concise and superbly illustrated surgical manual provides step-by-step instructions on how to effectively manage acute and chronic bone and joint infections. The book opens with a discussion of the pathophysiology and classification of this challenging disease. Leading clinicians discuss diagnostic procedures, including imaging and nuclear medicine techniques, and cover different methods of antibiotic therapy. The book then guides readers through a range of techniques for the surgical treatment of osteomyelitis, plastic and reconstructive techniques for primary treatment and prevention of infections, procedures for managing infected prostheses, and arthrodeses for infected joints.
- Practical notes, tips, tricks, and pitfalls highlighted in color-coded boxes
- Numerous case studies offering treatment examples for daily practice
- To-the-point descriptions and clear presentation of complex material
- More than 500 high-quality radiographic images, full-color illustrations, and photos demonstrating the anatomy and surgical techniques
Ideal as a quick reference prior to surgery, Septic Bone and Joint Surgery is a practical guide for clinicians and residents in orthopedic surgery, general surgery, and plastic surgery.Reinhard Schnettler
, MD, is Professor and Director, Department of Orthopedic Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Giessen, Germany. Hans-Ulrich Steinau
, MD, is Professor and Director, Department of Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany.
An award-winning international medical and scientific publisher, Thieme has demonstrated its commitment to the highest standard of quality in the state-of-the-art content and presentation of all of its products. Thieme's trademark blue and silver covers have become synonymous with excellence in publishing.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886