The largest clinical epidemiological study of bone fracture classification available today
"A masterful combination of classification and fracture care…practical, well illustrated and a great companion to orthopedic surgeons and trainees ... an essential reference book ..." Wade Smith, MD, FACS, Chief of Orthopedic Trauma and Director of Orthopedic Surgery, Geisinger Health Systems, Danville, Pennsylvania, USA (from the Foreword).
One of the most extensive fracture-classification studies ever compiled, Clinical Epidemiology of Orthopedic Trauma comprehensively explores the distribution of fracture patterns in clinical practice. It is based on an in-depth review of more than 65 000 fractures in 60 000 patients at a leading international trauma center, with each fracture classified according to the widely accepted AO/OTA system for immediate recognition and analysis. Not only will readers get a full statistical overview of fracture location, segment, and type, but they will also learn key demographic data such as age, gender, incidence rate, and more.
- More than 2000 anatomic diagrams, illustrations, and x-rays that clearly demonstrate how the AO/OTA fracture classification and coding system works-with important implications for treatment choices
- Easy-to-follow, standardized chapters that cover accepted classifications and nomen-clature, anatomy, mechanisms of injury, epidemiological features, and tips on diagnosis and treatment for each bone and segment
- Multi-colored pie charts and bar graphs that make statistical information accessible and user-friendly
- Numerous case examples reflecting the authors' depth and breadth of experience
In addition to being a core reference for orthopedic surgeons, Clinical Epidemiology of Orthopedic Trauma is an indispensable reference for academic researchers; medical schools, libraries, and hospitals; and clinicians reviewing data for analysis or publication. It off ers a wealth of information that will impact treatment planning, future allocation of resources in trauma care, and initiatives in preventive medicine.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886