Reviews of the first two editions:
"The primary source of information on diabetes for health professionals who deal with diabetic patients." - Annals of Internal Medicine
"Outstanding...the physician who is interested in diabetes mellitus should buy this book."-The New England Journal of Medicine
"Comprehensive and up-to-date...a solid introduction to the basic science of diabetes with a wealth of practical clinical information." - JAMA
Do your patients ask you questions such as:
What new types of insulin treatment are available?
Why are pills not as safe and effective as insulin treatment?
What is the genetic risk to an individual of developing diabetes?
What can at-risk individuals do to prevent the onset of diabetes?
For straightforward and informed answers to questions like these, turn to Clinical Diabetes Mellitus: A Problem Oriented Approach. The third edition of this acclaimed work represents the state-of-the-art in diabetes research, diagnosis, and management - in a unique problem-oriented format. Reflecting Dr. Davidson's more than 50 years of experience in the research and care of diabetic patients, this format offers direct solutions to the problems diabetes care professionals face everyday.
The book features several new chapters and is divided into seven sections covering: the nature of diabetes mellitus; screening and diagnosis; long-term management; complications; concomitant problems; socioeconomic problems; and the development and evaluation of diabetes care programs. Inside, you'll find insightful analysis of epidemiology, pathophysiology, patient adherence, the latest research, and more. Plus, the book provides state-of-the-art information on everything from new insulin analogues and treatment methods to diabetes education and the significance of the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial.
Highlights of the third edition:
* New chapters on cranial and peripheral neuropathy, autonomic neuropathy, and musculoskeletal problems in diabetes
* Comprehensive chapters on the team approach to diagnosis and treatment of diabetes with detailed information on how to deal with psychosocial problems
* New recommendations of the American Diabetes Association for the diagnosis of Type 1, Type 2, and gestational diabetes mellitus
* Thorough presentations on all diabetes related complications, including retinopathy, nephropathy, heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, and the diabetic foot
* Helpful information on the public health responses of the CDC and diabetes research programs of the NIDDK and NIH
* Contributions from 106 world-class authors from the U.S., Canada, and Europe
For comprehensive, up-to-date, and clinically relevant information on diabetes mellitus, this book is unparalleled. It is an essential addition to the working library of diabetologists, endocrinologists, internists, family practitioners, and any member of the health care team involved in the treatment of the diabetic patient. It is also a must for medical school and hospital libraries.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886