A state-of-the-art analysis of a rapidly evolving field!
Until recently, diabetic neuropathy has been a poorly understood and neglected complication of diabetes. The last few years have seen a dramatic increase in the understanding of this complex disorder.
Here is the first book to present a systematic review that covers such topics as the structure and function of the nervous system, epidemiology and pathophysiology of diabetic neuropathy, and the clinical features and treatment options. It discus- ses the available diagnostic tools and strategies, and offers guidelines for the out- patient management of diabetic peripheral neuropathy. The book also covers the clinical, technical, and public health issues associated with neuropathy.
Don't miss these key benefits:
- Brings together a team of world-renowned experts in the field to tackle the problem of diabetic neuropathy
- Special emphasis on the clinical presentations of the disease, making it easier to recognize and treat
- A unique chapter on the socioeconomic aspects of diabetic neuropathy, including discussions on disability, premature death, and quality of life issues
- Extensive lists of references in every chapter, helpful for further research
Knowledge of diabetic neuropathy has improved dramatically in recent years-it's crucial to be familiar with the most recent clinical research on the disease. Essen- tial reading for all internists, neurologists, endocrinologists, and related specialists who treat patients with diabetes! F. Arnold Gries, M.D., is Professor emeritus at the German Diabetes Research Insti- tute of the Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Germany; Norman E. Cameron, Ph.D., is Professor at the Diabetes Complications Lab, Institute of Medical Sciences, Aberdeen, Scotland; Phillip A. Low, M.D., FRACP, FRCP, is Professor at the Depart- ment of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA; and Dan Ziegler, M.D., is Profes- sor, also at the German Diabetes Research Institute, Duesseldorf, Germany.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886