An outstanding reference for performing successful thyroid operations Atlas of Thyroid Surgery:
Principles, Practice, and Clinical Cases is a concise guide for the surgical management of thyroid disease. Divided in three main parts, the book opens with an overview of surgical anatomy and surgical techniques. The author provides a detailed description of the technique of capsular dissection as well as surgical cases that aid in the comprehension of important concepts. The book then features an in-depth discussion of thyroid nodules, including follicular neoplasms and nodules in Graves and Hashimoto disease, covering basic science, genetics, clinical aspects, imaging, diagnosis, and surgical strategies. In the final part, the atlas addresses the management of malignant tumors, including papillary, anaplastic, and medullary carcinoma, and describes the principles of classification, treatment strategies along with current therapeutic controversies, and results. For differentiated thyroid carcinoma, contemporary strategies focus on selective risk-dependent treatment that allows for the protection of patients from overtreatment.
- Descriptions of endocrine pathophysiology and the pathogenesis of nodular goiter and thyroid neoplasms
- Thorough discussion of the capsular dissection technique and its essential advantages as a mini-mally invasive approach with low morbidity
- Numerous clinical cases with step-by-step demonstrations of surgical procedures and concise comments on management, helping clinicians prepare for the range of scenarios encountered in everyday practice
- 120 clear line drawings and full-color photographs
- Surgical videos on an accompanying DVD give a detailed presentation of surgical techniques in five clinical cases with cross-references in the text
Atlas of Thyroid Surgery: Principles, Practice, and Clinical Cases is a superb guide for general surgeons and endocrine and ENT surgeons operating on the thyroid. Endocrinologists, oncologists, pathologists, and residents in these specialties will also greatly benefit from the wealth of information provided in the text.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886