A multimedia reference for current approaches in assessing and treating clinical voice disorders
The fourth edition of Clinical Voice Disorders is an up-to-date, practical reference for the management of voice disorders caused by structural and neurologic etiologies, as well as psychogenic disorders. The book provides a solid foundation for understanding the relationship between biology and clinical assessment, how neurologic disease relates to voice disorders, and the complex nature of behavioral voice disorders and their treatment. Highlights:
An expanded collection of clinical case studies provides a valuable opportunity to work through real-life examples of frequently encountered problems. New to this edition is a DVD-ROM with videos that provide a window into clinical interviewing, enabling viewers to observe Dr. Aronson's techniques and approaches to therapy. Additional chapters on the DVD-ROM present the evolution and embryology of the larynx and respiratory system, covering vital respiration, respiration for speech, and the anatomy and physiology of phonation.
Demonstrations of vocal fold vibratory patterns, stroboscopic examples of various pathologies, and audio samples of dysarthric voices enable clinicians to apply concepts presented in the text.
- Detailed presentation of the voice examination
- Evidence-based approaches that guide the reader through decision making to the confident selection of treatments and therapies
- New chapter presenting the special considerations for treating the professional singer
- In-depth coverage of the laryngeal and respiratory anatomy and physiology-topics frequently omitted in textbooks on voice disorders
- Nearly 200 photographs and illustrations demonstrating key concepts
Ideal for students in graduate-level, speech-language pathology programs and for clinicians treating patients with voice disorders, this multimedia resource is an indispensable reference for managing the full range of clinical voice pathologies.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886