Filling a gap in the literature, this unique and innovative reference is a comprehensive guide to
the management of sinonasal complications of dental disease and treatment. It bridges the fields
of otorhinolaryngology and oral surgery, providing multidisciplinary and precise discussion of
the etiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of sinonasal complications. The text considers
complications following inadequately treated dental infection, improper endodontic treatments,
implant placement, and maxillary sinus grafting prior to or in association with oral implant
placement. Readers will find complete coverage of both medical and surgical protocols to prevent
and treat sinonasal complications, with practical guidance for the diagnostic and therapeutic
dilemmas posed by these often clinically complex cases.
- Insights from otorhinolaryngologists, craniomaxillofacial surgeons, oral surgeons, and dentists allow for the effective treatment of a broad range of complications, from fungus balls and oro-antral fistulae to peri-implant osteitis with sinusitis and failed maxillary sinus augmentation procedures
- Chapter on anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the paranasal sinuses presents relevant background information
- Thorough description of surgical procedures, including functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) and intraoral approaches, used separately or in combination
- More than 300 high-quality images - radiological images, color line illustrations, and photographs - support and enhance the text
- Flow charts, tables, and key points throughout the book offer quick access to crucial details
- Case reports and online surgical videos aid in the application of concepts to everyday practice
Sinonasal Complications of Dental Disease and Treatment: Prevention-Diagnosis-Management is
an indispensable resource for otorhinolaryngologists, oral surgeons, craniomaxillofacial surgeons,
and dentists who encounter patients with sinonasal complications resulting from dental patho-
logies or treatments. It contains the up-to-date and accurate information that surgeons need to
have before dealing with these frequently occurring complications.
Giovanni Felisati, MD, is Professor and Head of the Unit of Otorhinolaryngology and Director of
the Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Health Sciences, San Paolo Hospital,
University of Milan, Milan, Italy.
Matteo Chiapasco, MD, is Professor and Head of the Unit of Oral Surgery, Department of Health
Sciences, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy.
Diseases of the Nose, Sinuses, and Skull Base
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886