A key text for the management of facial nerve disorders and diseases
This authoritative and up-to-date reference is a complete guide to the basic science,
diagnosis, testing, and treatment of facial nerve disorders and diseases. An international
team of renowned experts, put together and headed by the book’s two specialist editors,
provide in-depth discussion of facial nerve topography and physiology, as well as the
broad spectrum of infectious, inflammatory, acute, chronic, benign, and malignant diseases
related to facial nerve dysfunction. The book is filled with practical evidence-based
information, guidelines, and algorithms presented in uniformly structured chapters,
allowing readers to quickly pinpoint key details for treating a specific disease or disorder.
• Pertinent topics including facial nerve trauma, Lyme disease, postoperative facial nerve
palsy, face transplant, adjuvant treatment with botulinum toxin and fillers, facial dystonia
and facial spasms, and the psychological and medicolegal aspects of facial nerve care are
• Step-by-step descriptions provided for facial nerve repair and reconstruction, static and
dynamic reanimation techniques for adults and children, evaluation and treatment of
paralytic eyelids, and more
• A wealth of clinically relevant information, including tips and tricks, and pitfalls to avoid
in everyday practice
• More than 260 images and 16 videos (accessed through the Thieme MediaCenter) help
visualizing and comprehending the content
• Extensive reference lists at the end of each chapter offer an overview of scientific work on
With current perspectives from leading experts, valuable clinical tools and advice, and
coherently organized chapters, Facial Nerve Disorders and Diseases: Diagnosis and
Management is a single-volume source for the state-of-the-art in facial nerve care.
Specialists and residents in otorhinolaryngology, maxillofacial surgery, plastic surgery,
neurosurgery, neurology, and rehabilitation medicine will refer to the book time and again
in their treatment of patients with facial nerve dysfunction.
Orlando Guntinas-Lichius, MD, is Professor and Chairman, Department of Otorhinolaryngology
and Facial Nerve Center, Jena University Hospital, Jena, Germany.
Barry M. Schaitkin, MD, is Professor, Facial Nerve Center, Department of Otolaryngology,
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886