The Facial Nerve in Temporal Bone and Lateral Skull Base Microsurgery
Professor Sanna's seventh Thieme book is an incomparable surgical atlas on the management of the facial nerve in the various surgical situations and pathologies encountered in temporal bone and lateral skull base surgery. Based on a collection of almost 1800 cases of skull base surgery and 18000 cases of middle ear surgery, this work shares the insights and extensive clinical experiences of the authors, all leading experts in the field.
- Thorough review of normal and surgical anatomy, including numerous photographs in which each anatomical structure is clearly identified.
- Detailed descriptions of surgical procedures and assessment of the relevant implications for the facial nerve: decision-making, monitoring and preservation during surgery, rerouting, and management of the interrupted facial nerve.
- Extensive chapters on the management of facial nerve injuries and tumors.
- More than 800 engrossing photographs of live surgery and illustrations demonstrating key concepts.
- Each surgical procedure covered is supported by multiple clinical cases.
- "Pearls and Pitfalls'' offering guidance and recommendations for critical steps in surgery.
Authoritative and comprehensive in scope, this book is essential for all clinicians seeking to preserve or restore the integrity of the facial nerve while surgically managing pathologies of the temporal bone and lateral skull base. It aims to serve the needs of residents, fellows, and specialists in otolaryngology, neurosurgery, and others specializing in skull base surgery.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886