Master essential neuroanatomy in this full-color atlas tailored to speech-language pathology students
Focusing on the anatomic concepts that speech-language pathology students must master, Atlas of Neuroanatomy for Communication Science and Disorders is a user-friendly guide to the neural basis of human communication and brain-based disorders. With this book, students will acquire a full understanding of the basic anatomy and physiology of human communication; the neural mechanisms controlling speech, language, cognition, and swallowing functions; the anatomic underpinnings of speech-language disorders of the nervous system and related communication impairments; and much more.
- An extraordinary, full-color visual library of labeled anatomic illustrations, from Thieme's world-renowned Atlas of Anatomy Series, that makes every concept crystal clear
- Descriptive legends and text that bridge the gap between neuroanatomic principles and clinical applications
- A logical framework that begins with a clear, illustrated overview of the anatomy of the brain and nervous system, ensuring mastery of introductory concepts before moving on to more advanced material
- An in-depth look at how neuroanatomic structures are integrated into functional and dysfunctional communication systems-with coverage of aphasia, neuromotor speech disorders, impairments caused by traumatic brain and blast injuries, and more
- Includes online access via scratch-off code to Thieme's collection of anatomy images on WinkingSkull.com
PLUS, featuring nearly 600 full-color illustrations and timed self-tests with immediate feedback to help identify areas for further study
Edited by Dr. Leonard L. LaPointe, one of today's foremost teachers and practitioners in the field of speech-language pathology, this book offers a wealth of high-yield information for use in the classroom, exam preparation, and course review. It is essential for graduate and undergraduate students in speech-language pathology, audiology, and communication sciences, and will be a valued reference for any clinician working to understand the crucial connection between neuroanatomy and functional systems when treating patients with communication disorders.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886