The quintessential state-of-the-art atlas on endoscopic approaches to the lateral skull base
The endoscope has become a highly effective tool in the arsenal of ear and skull base surgeons. Endoscopic Lateral Skull Base Surgery by endoscopic surgery masters Daniele Marchioni and Livio Presutti, reflects their development of innovative transcanalar approaches to the lateral cranial base using the external auditory canal as a surgical corridor. This unique atlas is designed to teach and clarify current and emerging endoscopic-assisted surgery approaches to the lateral skull base.
The common goal of these cutting-edge procedures is to access and treat tumors located in the lateral cranial base via the most minimally invasive endoscopic approach possible, thereby bypassing delicate cranial nerves, as well as dural, cerebral, and vascular structures. Throughout 14 chapters, an impressive group of skull base surgeons share firsthand insights and expertise in areas vital to endoscopic skull base surgery. The opening chapters cover anatomy, microscopic approaches, endoscopic dissection, instrumentation, OR set-up, and radiologic assessments. The book concludes with extensive clinical pearls on managing cases and complications.
• Featuring contributions from a who’s who of global experts who continue to innovate by using the endoscope beyond its traditional use in middle ear surgery
• Procedural chapters detail endoscopic approaches including transtemporal combined, retrosigmoid, and transcanalar techniques such as suprageniculate, transpromontorial, and infracochlear
• Patient cases, clinical applications, and step-by-step guidance enhance understanding of diverse endoscopic approaches
• High-quality preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative illustrations are culled from thousands of surgeries performed by the authors
This remarkable book provides the most comprehensive and elucidating information written to date on endoscopic approaches to the lateral skull base, making it essential reading for novice and expert surgeons alike.
Online at MedOne
Access your complimentary online version directly from https://medone.thieme.com by using the unique code in the front of this book.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886