This highly practical surgical guide presents the most important surgical procedures from all areas of ENT and head and neck surgery. It offers at least one proven and established surgical solution for each surgical problem.
The technique for each surgical procedure is described in a step-by-step format supplemented by detailed illustrations. Using a consistently applied structure and layout, information on surgical principles, (contra-)indications, consenting, instruments, surgical planning, anesthesia, and postoperative care are also provided for each procedure. This presentation is completed by overviews of the anatomic, functional, and clinical aspects required for an understanding of the surgical procedures.
- Over 900 high-quality drawings display the main steps of each procedure
- Easy-to-reference textboxes highlight surgical rules, tips, tricks and risks, and give advice on how to manage potential complications
- Functional endoscopic/microscopic paranasal sinus surgery and the entire spectrum of ENT plastic reconstructive surgery are covered
- Endoscopic/microscopic laser tumor surgery and the modern techniques of glottis expansion are described, as well as classic and modified partial resection of the larynx; techniques of radical, modified radical, and selective neck dissection; and thyroid surgery
- Recent developments in ear surgery, transplants and implants, cochlea implants, bone fixation, and laser-supported procedures are included
ENT-Head and Neck Surgery: Essential Procedures is an indispensable companion for the beginner and the more experienced surgeon during training and in daily practice.
Juergen Theissing, MD, is Professor Emeritus, Department of Otorhinolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery, Nuremberg Hospital, Germany.
Gerhard Rettinger, MD, is Professor and Chairman, Department of Otorhino-laryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Ulm, Germany. Jochen A. Werner, MD, is Professor and Chairman, Department of Otorhino-laryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Phillips University, Marburg, Germany.
An award-winning international medical and scientific publisher, Thieme has demonstrated its commitment to the highest standard of quality in the state-of-the-art content and presentation of all of its products. Thieme's trademark blue and silver covers have become synonymous with excellence in publishing.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886