Almost two decades have passed since the publication of the first edition of this monograph on endoscopic sinus surgery (ESS). Now the long-awaited, fully revised and updated second edition is finally available.
The advent of this book, written by one of the pioneers in the field, was controversial but was a successful and significant milestone. Today, ESS is the worldwide method of choice for the surgical treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis; other indications such as trauma, malformations, and neoplasms have been added during recent years.
- Fundamentals such as the basic concept of the management of chronic rhinosinusitis and the chapters on diagnosis, instrumentation, and anesthesia have been revised and updated.
- The details of the endoscopic and microscopic approaches are minutely illustrated in the chapter on endoscopic anatomy, which has been constructed as a manual for training courses.
- The demonstrations of typical interventions on the nasal septum and paranasal sinuses are augmented by a new section on the transcranial exposure of the anterior skull base and paranasal cavities from above undertaken during interdisciplinary neurorhinosurgical procedures.
- Four new chapters have been added dealing with the management of complications of rhinosinusitis, trauma, malformation, and neoplasms. The growing experience with and the advanced surgical adaptation of these important indications of ESS have made it necessary to deal with them separately.
- Over 580 illustrations and new schematic drawings now supplement and extend the text. These include new images that help improve the orientation within the nasal and paranasal cavities, focusing on the demonstration of anatomical landmarks to help surgeons find their targets and avoid false routes.
Recommended for all medical professionals who wish to learn more about ESS and its extended applications, this book has attained an outstanding character, mirroring the experience of one of the field's true masters and the contemporary state of the art.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886