A state-of-the-art, reader-friendly reference on hand arthroplasty from renowned global experts
Recent research suggests the lifetime risk of hand arthritis may be greater than 40%. Concurrently, advances in small joint arthroplasty have greatly improved treatment and outcomes in patients with trauma, arthritis, stiffness, and instability of joints in the hand and wrist. Arthroplasty in Hand Surgery: FESSH Instructional Course Book 2020 provides in-depth coverage of the surgical reconstruction or replacement of these joints. Edited by renowned hand surgeons Stephan Schindele, Grey Giddins, and Philippe Bellemère, this unique resource features contributions from an international who’s who of experts.
Organized in five sections and 35 chapters, the generously illustrated book encompasses a full spectrum of state-of-the-art arthroscopy techniques. Section one starts with discussions of the anatomy, biomechanics, and mode of action of the finger and thumb joints and concludes with an intriguing history of hand arthroplasty. Sections two through five cover the latest arthroplasty procedures to treat impaired joints of the fingers including proximal interphalangeal and distal interphalangeal, thumb, wrist, and distal radioulnar, respectively. These chapters include an introduction, indication and contraindication, author pearls and results, published outcomes, postsurgical care, and a wealth of photos.
• Insightful data from the Norwegian Arthroplasty Register from 1994 to 2018, including procedural statistics (e.g., demographics and survival rates), revision risk factors, and more
• In-depth technical discussion of materials used in arthroplasty, including inherent characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses
• Consistent, reader-friendly section layout starts with a systematic review, followed by succinct and uniformly organized procedure-specific chapters
This highly practical resource is ideal for the classroom, symposiums, and review of procedural details prior to performing hand surgery. As such, it is essential reading for trainee and practicing orthopaedic surgeons and hand specialists.
Online at MedOne
Access your complimentary online version directly from https://medone.thieme.com by using the unique code in the front of this book.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886