A valuable new reference in the diagnosis and image-guided treatment of congenital heart defects
Congenital heart defects represent the most common birth defect and affect millions of children worldwide.
Defects of the heart and great vessels span a broad spectrum. Modern medical progress has enabled more than 90% of patients to reach adulthood. In many cases, however, patients remain ill throughout their lives, with significant limits on quality of life and physical capacity. Our ongoing goals are to improve treatment options even further.
This book details all important imaging techniques for diagnosing congenital heart defect and assessing their severity. The author is a highly experienced expert in his fields, making his clinical experience available to readers who can then implement that knowledge in their own daily routine.
• All key imaging modalities, including 2D and 3D echocardiography, cardiac catheter exams, MRI and MR angiography, CT, and chest X-ray
• Descriptions of general and technical fundamentals, a structure based on clinical pictures, and current standard values
• Crucial information emphasized in callout boxes and tabular overviews
• Supports the professional dialogue between all the involved caretakers
• Richly illustrated with more than 1,000 stunning images from the newest generation of devices
Gutberlet’s Imaging of Congenital Heart Defects: Diagnosis and Image-Guided Treatment will be welcomed by pediatric and general radiologists as a comprehensive, multimodality guide to the diagnosis and management of congenital heart defects.
Matthias Gutberlet is Professor of Cardiac Imaging and Director, Department of Radiology and Interventional Radiology, Heart Center Leipzig, University Hospital Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Access your complimentary online version directly from https://medone.thieme.com by using the unique code in the front of this book.
An award-winning international medical and scientific publisher, Thieme has demonstrated its commitment to the highest standard of quality in the state-of-the-art content and presentation of all its products. Founded in 1886, the Thieme name has become synonymous with high quality and excellence in online and print publishing.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886