Now reaching a larger audience, [this book] serves as an excellent overall contribution to the rapidly evolving field of interventional cardiology. -- Doody Enterprises, Inc.
Loaded with tips, tricks, and expert solutions to everyday clinical problems, this book is a must for all specialists and trainees performing cardiac catheterizations. It covers basic principles, diagnostic strategies for specific diseases, and the newest interventional techniques, giving readers the tools to successfully manage all types of valvular and structural heart disease.
Concisely reviews the basics of cardiac catheterization, with sections on indications, risks and complications, patient preparation, equipment and laboratory setup, contrast media, and interpretation of findings
Covers the full range of interventional catheter techniques, including percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), coronary stent implantation, rotational athetectomy, cutting balloon angioplasty, shunt closure, and much more
Examines current, evidence-based diagnostic approaches to such commonly seen conditions as valvular disease, cardiomyopathies, coronary artery disease, congenital heart disorders, pericardial disease, aortic dissection, and more
Describes key new interventions for structural heart disease, including transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), interventions for mitral regurgitation (Mitraclip), occlusion of the left atrial appendage (LAA-Occlusion), and renal nerve ablation for resistant arterial hypertension
Provides hundreds of illustrations, coronary angiograms, and radiographic images that clarify every concept
Demonstrates step-by-step approaches, case studies, and detailed angiographic sequences in nearly 400 helpful videos
From the fundamentals to the newest therapeutic advances, this book provides the core information needed by every practice performing diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterizations. It is essential for interventional cardiologists, cardiology fellows, and interventional radiologists who want to quickly increase their knowledge and skills and offer optimal care to their patients."Precise Instructions for the Catheter Table
- Identify the appropriate indications
- Practical implementation and technical preparation
- Risks and complications
All the techniques at a glance
- Interventional catheter techniques: PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention; coronary stenting, rotational athetectomy, cutting balloon valvuloplasty, shunt closure, etc.
- Diagnostics of specific diseases: coronary heart disease, congenital and acquired heart disorders, cardiomyopathies, lung embolism, etc.
- Tips and tricks for the radialis approach
- Coronary protection systems: contains information on innovations such as aspiration or thrombectomy catheter procedures
- Strategies for peri- and postinterventional antithrombotic therapy related to coronary intervention
- Large section on surgery of the aortic valve
- Presentation of the latest stent generation as well as up-to-date information on indications for using the various stents. Information on how to interpret the newest regulations.
- Information on ACHD (Adults with Congenital Heart Disease): concepts for nephroprotection
Data for the media center:
- 370 video clips
- 130 labeled still images
- Navigation according to keyword, diagnosis or chapter
- Many detailed angiographic sequences
- Clips including labeled still images
- Cardio-surgical supported interventions
- Coronary protection systems
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886