The definitive reference for pediatric epilepsy surgery Written by internationally recognized authorities in pediatric epilepsy surgery, this cutting-edge book provides essential information about the preoperative assessment of and surgical approaches to the treatment of epilepsy in children. The book opens with an overview of pediatric epilepsy followed by four main sections detailing preoperative assessment, surgical approaches and techniques, outcomes, and recent promising advances.
The authors present numerous approaches for managing temporal lobe epilepsy and extratemporal lobe epilepsy and guide clinicians through various surgical techniques for hemispherectomy, disconnection procedures, neuromodulation, and more.
- Complete coverage of the selection of surgical candidates, including young patients with congenital or early lesions
- Detailed discussion of the latest surgical techniques such as hippocampal transection, cortical and deep brain stimulation, and radiosurgery
- Comprehensive presentation of all major hemispherectomy and hemispherotomy techniques
- More than 100 illustrations, including 85 in full color, to elucidate key concepts
Ideal for pediatric neurosurgeons, epilepsy surgeons, and pediatric epileptologists, this authoritative text is also a valuable reference for clinicians, residents, and fellows in neurology, neuroradiology, neuropsychology, and neurophysiology with an interest in pediatric epilepsy surgery.Oguz Cataltepe
, MD, is Chief, Pediatric Neurosurgery and Co-Director, Epilepsy Surgery, Division of Neurosurgery, UMass Memorial Medical Center, and Associate Professor, Departments of Surgery and Pediatrics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USAGeorge I. Jallo
, MD, is Clinical Director, Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Associate Professor of Neurosurgery, Pediatrics, and Oncology, and Director, Neurosurgery Residency Program, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA.
An award-winning international medical and scientific publisher, Thieme has demonstrated its commitment to the highest standard of quality in the state-of-the-art content and presentation of all of its products. Thieme's trademark blue and silver covers have become synonymous with excellence in publishing.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886