A comprehensive, practice-oriented reference for breast ultrasound
The second edition of The Practice of Breast Ultrasound is an indispensable reference for the latest techniques in detecting common breast pathologies. New in this edition are guidelines for quality control and an expanded chapter on 3D scanning. More than 700 high-quality images, including 100 new images, demonstrate concepts of pathology and facilitate comprehension of diagnostic techniques. The book is organized into three main sections enabling radiologists, residents, and sonographers with various levels of expertise to rapidly locate topics of interest.
- Provides an introduction to the fundamental principles of breast ultrasound, equipment selection, and standard protocols for the examination
- Reviews sonographic anatomy of the breast and axilla
- Describes approaches to interpreting and managing common benign and malignant lesions
- Includes a new chapter dedicated to the American College of Radiology's Breast Imaging Reportingand Data System (BI-RADS®) that presents the lexicon and categories for feature analysis and quality assurance
- Presents guidelines on how to use feature analysis in analyzing lesion findings
- Discusses the complementary roles of ultrasound, mammography, and the clinical evaluation
- Addresses a different pathological condition in each chapter
- Features high-quality images as well as diagnostic checklists that apply the BI-RADS® feature categories of shape, margins, boundaries, echo patterns, and effects on the surrounding tissue, enabling the clinician to perceive patterns associated with specific abnormalities and to arrive at interpretations that lead to appropriate patient management plans
- Presents the latest information about image-guided intervention for diagnosis, preoperative breast cancer staging, post-treatment follow-up, and advanced or investigational ultrasound technologies, such as 3D/4D ultrasound, real-time compound scanning, harmonics, wide field-of-view, and Doppler techniques.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886