Early Detection with Mammography Perception, Interpretation, Histopathology Breast Cancer.
Early detection is our most effective means of reducing the number of unnecessary deaths caused by breast cancer. In this book, one of the world's most renowned mammographers shares his decades of experience in successfully teaching the analysis and interpretation of mammographic images. With an emphasis on early detection, you will learn to discern the most subtle of pathologic changes to ensure that your patients receive optimal and timely treatment. You will also improve your ability to recognize the full range of normal anatomic variability, helping you avoid unnecessary additional imaging and interventional procedures.
László Tabár, M.D., is Professor of Radiology at Uppsala University and Head of the Department of Mammography at Falun Central Hospital in Falun, Sweden.
- Presentation of a systematic method for evaluating mammograms, based on the anatomic architecture, substructures, and patterns
- More than 1600 mammograms and histologic sections of stunning quality showing the wide range of normal and abnormal breast tissue
- Photomicrographs of large, thin-section pathology slides and subgross 3-D pathology sections which are correlated with mammographic images to explain why mammograms appear as they do
- Highly detailed and illustrated instructions for positioning to help you obtain the best possible diagnostic imaging quality
- The scientific rationale for setting early detection as the primary goal in mammography -supported by extensive references
- An emphasis on better patient care through interdisciplinary cooperation among pathologists, radiologists, surgeons, and oncologists More than two decades in the writing, this is the ultimate mammographic atlas for developing expert interpretive skills.
Tibor Tot, M.D., is Associate Professor of Pathology at Uppsala University and Chairman of the Department of Pathology and Clinical Cytology at Falun Central Hospital in Falun, Sweden.
Peter B. Dean, M.D., is Professor at the Department of Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Turku in Turku, Finland, and Visiting Professor at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886