"An excellent account of the developments which have occurred in neuro-navigation, with thought-provoking insights into the wider applications of equipment..."-Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry
Today neurological surgery stands at a technological crossroad. Revolutionary advances in high-speed graphic computers, informatics, biotechnology, and robotics continue to change the field and open vast new possibilities for improved patient care.
In this new book, the advances at work in everyday patient care, as well as revolutionary new systems, now under development are chronicled by the world-renowned team of neurosurgeons, computer scientists, software engineers and others who have led the technological transformations. The book includes full information on transferring medical data into mapping strategies, viewing the clinical applications of stereotaxis, and observing fascinating new image-guided neurosurgical procedures in actual clinical practice. Most importantly, there is a full comparison of the different systems now in use so that the surgeon can make intelligent decisions about which to purchase.
Special features include:
* Innovative computer models that show normal neuroanatomy and its pathologic alterations in exquisite three-dimensional detail
* The value of fusing state-of-the-art imaging modalities to localize targets for stereotactic neurosurgery, including functional mapping of speech and motor areas, tumor localization, etc.
* Advanced intraoperative imaging techniques, including modern adaptations of stereotactic frames and real-time imaging (e.g. ultrasound, intraoperative MRI and CT)
* The potential of robotic manipulation in cutting edge imaging environments
* The pros and cons of many of the advanced neurosurgical navigation systems now in use and how each fits your needs
The results of the new technology? Enormous improvements in surgical planning, execution, safety, and overall patient management -- plus flexibility in developing successful combination strategies that incorporate surgery with advanced neurosurgical and radiosurgical techniques.
Complete with 547 illustrations, including 170 in full-color, the book goes further than any current work in documenting the evolution of modern neurosurgical navigation. All neurosurgeons, especially those working in modern intracranial, spinal and peripheral nerve techniques, will find it invaluable, as will neuroradiologists, radiation oncologists, general surgeons, and biomedical engineers. For the next generation in image-guided neurosurgery, this state-of-the-art work contains information not found elsewhere.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886