Integrate the newest developments for treating your patients in intensive care...
Intensive Care in Neurosurgery
Recent advances in the management of spinal cord and severe head injury, stroke, brain tumors, and intracranial infections have led to enhancements in neurosurgical intensive care. In this book, you will see those advances at work and also find valuable tips and advice on the most current treatment strategies.
The text covers all important topics in neurosurgical intensive care, from stroke and non-traumatic hemorrhage to intracranial hypertension, epilepsy management, and withdrawal of life support. Plus, you'll find the latest clinical science on all topics, including how advanced bedside monitoring techniques can lead to improved patient care.
Key features of Intensive Care in Neurosurgery:
- Written by top neurosurgeons who are experts in intensive care
- Provides the newest clinical science on topics such as metabolic and nutritional monitoring, ventilator management, and cerebrovascular and cardiovascular physiology
- Describes how information from bedside monitoring can be used to pinpoint appropriate therapies to reverse, compensate for, or control the pathologic results of injuries and diseases
- Addresses controversial topics in the field, including withdrawal of life support and declaration of brain death
Here is an invaluable text for neurosurgeons, neurologists, and critical care specialists who treat neurosurgical patients in intensive care. Residents will find it an essential learning tool as they prepare for the boards. Stay up-to-date with the first text devoted to this topic in more than a decade!
Brian T. Andrews, M.D., F.A.C.S., is Chairman of the Division of Neurosurgery and Vice-Chairman of the Department of Neurosciences, California Pacific Medical Center, and Attending Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886