Foremost authorities present the milestone text on meningioma management-now in a fully updated second edition
Al-Mefty's Meningiomas, Second Edition, is the definitive guide to meningioma diagnosis, treatment, and surgery. It reflects more than a decade of major advances in the diagnosis and management of both intracranial and spinal meningiomas since the first edition was Micpublished.
The text begins with important information on anatomy, pathology, and epidemiology, followed by clinical and preoperative considerations. The expert authors then provide detailed descriptions of state-of-the-art surgical approaches listed by anatomical site and special operative considerations for intracranial meningiomas. The book closes with an incisive discussion of breakthroughs in radiosurgery, radiotherapy, and chemotherapy.
- New to this edition: information on molecular biology, natural history and growth rates, and the rise of radiosurgery as a viable treatment option
- More than 500 high-quality radiographic images and full-color illustrations demonstrate anatomy and surgery
- In-depth coverage of intraoperative MRI and endoscopic resection
- Key topics often missing from other meningiomas texts, including caseload management and postoperative quality-of-life issues
This landmark reference will enhance the precision and surgical skills of every clinician or resident in neurosurgery or neurology.
Franco DeMonte, MD, FRCSC, FACS, is Professor of Neurosurgery and Head and Neck Surgery, and Mary Beth Pawelek Chair in Neurosurgery, The University of Texas, M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas.
Michael W. McDermott, MD, is Professor and Vice-chairman, Department of Neurosurgery; Director, Patient Care Services; Co-director, Skull Base Surgery and Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Programs; and Robert and Ruth Halperin Chair in Meningioma Research, University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, California. Ossama Al-Mefty, MD, FACS, is Director of Skull Base Surgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts.
An award-winning international medical and scientific publisher, Thieme has demonstrated its commitment to the highest standard of quality in the state-of-the-art content and presentation of all of its products. Thieme's trademark blue and silver covers have become synonymous with excellence in publishing.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886