"Clinicians will find the breadth and depth of this text indispensable, its relevance to the contemporary practice of spinal surgery compelling.''Spinal Cord and Spinal Column Tumors
From the Foreword by Robert F. Spetzler, M.D.
Featuring the contributions of distinguished experts in spine surgery, neurosurgery, oncology, pathology, radiation oncology, neurology, and orthopedic surgery, Spinal Cord and Spinal Column Tumors: Principles and Practice presents authoritative coverage of stateof-the-art techniques for diagnosing and managing tumors of the spine and spinal cord.
From the fundamentals of spinal cord anatomy and the pathology of spinal tumors, to the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment techniques for specific spinal tumors, this is the only comprehensive text devoted to managing tumors both surgically and medically. You will find the latest information on surgical approaches for resection, reconstruction, decompression, and internal stabilization for tumors of the spine, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. The book also covers such treatments as systemic and intrathecal chemotherapy, embolization techniques, external beam radiation therapy, brachytherapy, and stereotactic radiosurgery.Special features:
- 775 high quality illustrations, including 369 in brilliant color, illuminate concepts in pathology and surgical technique
- Full review of the basic science of tumors of the spinal cord and nerves aids the understanding of pathology and indications for treatment
- Step-by-step instruction guides the clinician through operative approaches, including decompression of tumors, en bloc resection of primary spinal tumors, reconstruction of the spine, spinal fixation, and more
- Discussion of the current algorithm techniques to manage metastatic spinal disease.
- Clinical pearls enable quick review by calling attention to essential information
The extensive clinical experiences and expert multidisciplinary perspectives shared in this book will benefit neurosurgeons, and orthopedic surgeons, as well as residents requiring a complete text on current techniques in managing tumors of the spine and spinal column.
AUS DEM INHALT
- Full review of the basic science of tumors of the spinal cord and nerves
- Over 700 high quality illustrations, including 370 in brilliant four color
- Step-by-step instructions and clinical "pearls"
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886