Innovative methods from pioneering spine surgeons - in one concise edition!
Spinal surgery is a rapidly evolving frontier, and physicians need to master new treatment options as quickly as possible. This complete summary provides step-by-step explanations of virtually all major spinal procedures, as described by the experts who perfected them. Each chapter pinpoints the most frequent complications encountered by the authors, and follows a "how I do it" approach to avoiding them.
Divided by anatomical region, the book starts with techniques for the cervical spine, then goes on to cover the thoracic and lumbar spine. Topics include:
cervical laminoplasty; posterior column shortening for Scheuermann's Kyphosis; correction of neuromuscular pelvic obliquity; total lumbar disc replacement; and many more.
- The experience of renowned surgeons who have developed, modified, or reported on specific procedures
- Many groundbreaking techniques, such as Crockard's anterior odontoid resection and Metz's extrapedicular screw placement, which have never before been described in English
- Covers goals, diagnoses, indications and contraindications, advantages and disadvantages, pitfalls, complications, and post-op work
- Each chapter contains vivid photographs and surgical drawings to facilitate understanding of the material
All orthopaedic surgeons and neurosurgeons with an interest in spine surgery will find this concise book to be an essential guide. Residents will benefit from the practical information and students can use it as a valuable course text.
Thomas R. Haher, M.D., is Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, Adjunct Professor of Civil Engineering, The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, and Chief of Spinal Surgery, Lutheran Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York.
Andrew A. Merola, M.D., is Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Director of Spinal Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886