The definitive textbook on the management of cervical spine trauma from master spine surgeons!
Understanding the clinical implications of cervical trauma requires thorough knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the cervical spine. Cervical Trauma: Surgical Management by renowned spine surgeon Robert Heary and a cadre of prominent neurosurgical and orthopaedic spine experts is the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art resource available to date on this topic. The text begins with discussion of cervical anatomy and the pathophysiology of spinal cord injury (SCI), SCI classification systems, initial assessments in patients with cervical SCIs, and cranioskeletal traction, followed by injury-specific chapters.
Classification systems and management protocols developed over the last 40 years have enabled spine surgeons to work collaboratively with specialists in trauma surgery and critical care to provide optimal management of SCIs and attain improved long-term patient outcomes. This book covers a full spectrum of trauma-related conditions impacting the cervical spine and multidisciplinary interventions including minimally invasive surgery, neurointerventional techniques, reconstructive therapy with bone grafts or alternative stabilization methods, evidence-based medications, and SCI rehab.
• Discussion of upper cervical injuries – from more prevalent trauma such as atlanto-occipital injuries, odontoid and hangman’s fractures, and atlantoaxial subluxations – to uncommon injuries like atlantoaxial rotatory fixation
• Management of subaxial injuries in adults and children and cervical burst fractures
• Special topics including sport-related cervical spine injuries and return-to-play criteria, craniovertebral injuries in pediatric patients, and managing comorbidities such as congenital spinal stenosis and rheumatoid arthritis
• Pearls on handling potential complications and insightful guidance and rationales for choosing surgical interventions over conservative methods and vice versa
Neurosurgical and orthopaedic residents, veteran spine surgeons, and allied healthcare practitioners who treat patients with traumatic cervical spine conditions will benefit from reading this outstanding resource, cover-to-cover. It also provides an ideal go-to reference to consult in the ER when patients present with cervical trauma.
Robert F. Heary, MD, is Director, the Spine Center of New Jersey, and Professor of Neurological Surgery, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, USA.
Online at MedOne
Access your complimentary online version directly from https://medone.thieme.com by using the unique code in the front of this book.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886