The first comprehensive overview
of microelectrode recording in
movement disorder surgery...
As movement disorder surgery advances and becomes more commonplace, the need for accurate physiological localizing data - optimally achieved through extracellular microelectrode recording - is more critical than ever. However, this complex technique involves a long learning curve and most neurosurgeons have little training in the field.
Here is the first book to provide a comprehensive overview of the art of microelectrode recording in movement disorders surgery, offering a solid understanding of the basics as well as much useful clinical information for experienced practitioners.
- Examines the scientific basis and background of microrecording, types of results one can expect, controversies, avenues for research, and probable directions for future development
- Valuable "how-to-get-started" guide to commercial systems
- Clearly details principles and techniques for data analysis, signal processing and pattern recognition, target selection, and other critical issues
- All topics have been evaluated and reviewed by leading experts in the field
Tackling all important points in microelectrode recording, this book will sharpen your knowledge of the science and clinical application of the increasingly important technique. For neurosurgeons, neurologists, and neurophysiologists undertaking complex movement disorder procedures, this book is a must.
Zvi Israel, BSc, MBBS, Directs the Movement Disorder Surgery Program of the Department of Neurosurgery, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Kim J. Burchiel, MD, is the John Raaf Professor and Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery at Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886