A comprehensive guide to understanding and managing brain injury
In Neurotrauma and Critical Care of the Brain, leading clinicians present widely accepted guidelines and evidence-based practices for the management of patients with traumatic brain injury. Divided into five main sections, the book guides the clinician through the science, management, critical care, outcomes, and important socioeconomic issues relevant to patient care. Special Features:
- Offers the valuable team approach and recommendations of renowned surgeons, clinicians, rehabilitation specialists, and researchers
- Includes guidelines for injuries ranging from mild to moderate, severe, and penetrating, and for treating brain injury in children
- Covers the related intensive care issues of neurologic, pulmonary, cardiovascular, and infection management and nutrition and fl uid control
- Reviews fundamental science concepts, including pathophysiology, monitoring and imaging, and biomarkers and classification systems for brain injury
- Provides hundreds of concise summary tables and illustrations to help digest complex information
- Discusses ethics and important end-of-life issues
With an integrated management approach to injury and rehabilitation that goes well beyond initial management, Neurotrauma and Critical Care of the Brain will enable neuro-surgeons, neurologists, physicians in trauma, critical care, and rehabilitation medicine, and residents in these specialties to optimize patient care and outcomes. It is also useful as a guide for board exam preparation.
The companion volume to this book is Neurotrauma and Critical Care of the Spine.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886