Microsurgical approaches in neurosurgery were once thought of as impractical and unnecessary. Thanks to M. Gazi Yasargil-a man who has devoted his life to neurosurgery as an innovator, inventor, teacher, and author-these techniques are now the absolute minimum standard of care for all neurosurgeons. The instruments he has invented, including the floating microscope, self-retaining adjustable retractor, and ergonomic aneurysm clips, have revolutionized the field.In 1999, Neurosurgery, the official journal of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, selected Dr. Yasargil as "Man of the Century." The journal cited his "outstanding contributions which have provided our basis for practice and the definitions of our field."
Volume IVa of Microneurosurgery covers the CNS tumors, featuring in particular:
- Highly detailed surgical anatomy
- Growing patterns of benign and malignant tumors
- All neuroradiology modalities, including functional techniques
- Neurophysiologic considerations: edema, barriers, intracranial pressure, blood flow regulation, endocrinology
- Operability of tumors, treatment options
From his training at the University of Basel, Switzerland and more than 20 years as Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery at University Hospital, Zurich, to his current position at the University of Arkansas Medical School, Dr. Ya¸sargil's contributions to neurosurgery have dramatically altered how virtually every procedure is performed. His landmark Microneurosurgery series is considered the definitive reference in the field.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886