A new edition of an indispensable reference for optimizing patient care
Synthesizing the expert clinical advice of specialists who treat disordersof the nervous system, this book is an accessible, single-volume resourcecontaining practical information on a range of neurological disorders. A Guide to thePrimary Care of Neurological Disorders provides readers with a firm foundation inneuroscience concepts that will enable them to make timely diagnostic, treatment, and referral decisions about common symptoms, including chronic pain, headache, seizures, numbness, and dizziness. Additional chapters cover specific categories of neurological disease, providing the reader with concise descriptions of the clinical manifestations, examination techniques, and treatment options for each.
- An outline at the start of each chapter aids rapid location of topics of interest
- Thorough coverage of history-taking and the physical examination
- "Pearls" and "Pitfalls" at the end of each chapter review fundamental concepts and provide helpful guidance for managing each clinical situation
Packed with essential information on the clinical neurosciences, this comprehensive book is ideal for primary care physicians, nurse practicioners, physicians' assistants, residents in primary care specialties, and medical students.A. John Popp
, M.D., is the Henry and Sally Schaffer Chair and Professor of Surgery and Co-Director of the Neurosciences Institute, Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York.Eric M. Deshaies
, M.D., is Resident in Neurosurgery at the Neurosciences Institute, Albany Medical Center, Albany, New York.
- Bücher versandkostenfrei innerhalb Deutschlands
- Kauf auf Rechnung
- Versand mit DHL
- Geprüfte Sicherheit
- Thieme Qualität seit 1886